I have just obtained my airline transport pilot license!! Whoop whoop! Biggest accomplishment to date! Still trying to get used to having time off After two years of hardcore studying, emotional roller coaster and inner strength.
I am, however, taking advantage of it with all the lovely nail products I’ve had but never really had the time to play with. Namely striping tapes. I’ve always loved the idea of it but I’ve only tried it once and it was so complicated and faffy! So I only ever did it with accent fingers. But now I have all the time in the world wheeeeee! Well, until I get myself a bar job to get some income coming in.
To get started you will need:
To start, paint all nails with a dark polish. I used opi I saw…u saw…Warsaw
1. Cut the striping tapes into bits for easier placement. I found this easier than using the tape straight onto my nail but it was a little harder getting those straight lines.
2. Start with the centre tape. Then divide the sections up. DONT just use one tape across the nail next. You want to split up the two sides to unaligned sides. Do that to all the fingers except the accent finger
3. On the accent finger, apply a glitter polish. I used chinaglaze Dorothy who? Then I applied a topcoat and while it’s wet, apply the rhinestones. I bought mine off ebay 🙂
4. Once you’re ready, apply a generous layer of pink polish. You want to do a finger at a time.
5. Once applied, use the tweezers to remove the striping takes. Don’t be too fast on this otherwise it will smudge the lines. You also want to remove it in order of how you applied the tape, leaving the centre tape last.
6. Apply a generous layer of fast drying topcoat. If you don’t use a fast drying type then it will smudge!
Good luck and happy striping 🙂